2018 Toyota RAV4 Review
The RAV4 SUV is your practical companion for tackling the challenges of the everyday commute around Mars, Pittsburgh, and Wexford. This compact Toyota SUV delivers versatile cargo space, plenty of standard safety features, and easygoing drivability.
Our team at Baierl Automotive has put together this helpful 2018 Toyota RAV4 car review to give you a closer look at all that the vehicle has to offer, so you can decide if it would be a good fit for your needs.
Safety is Standard
The 2018 RAV4 comes with a suite of standard driver-assisting safety features designed to prevent a collision before it can occur. Toyota Safety Sense™ P makes this car a great choice for carting the kids around to school, soccer practice, and ballet, all while staying protected from harm. The system includes:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection: Warns you of objects and pedestrians that could be the cause of a collision, and primes the brakes for maximum stopping power.
- Lane Departure Alert: Alerts you to accidental lane drifting, so you can safely direct the car back toward the center of your lane.
- Lane Keep Assist: Can automatically steer back to the center of the lane for you, if you choose.
- Automatic High Beams: Detects oncoming vehicles while using high beams, and can automatically turn them on and off to avoid blinding others on the road.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control: Set a desired speed and following distance, and this system with automatically maintains both.
2018 RAV4 Performance & Comfort
This SUV comes standard with a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine that produces 176 horsepower, and is mated with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The vehicle is EPA-estimated to achieve a fuel efficiency rating of 23 city/30 highway MPG.1 Front-wheel drive is standard, or you can opt for all-wheel drive for better capability and control. The Toyota RAV4 is easy to drive, and delivers a comfortable and smooth ride.
Inside, there’s seating for five on standard cloth upholstery, as well as a 6-way manually adjustable driver’s seat and a 4-way manually adjustable passenger seat. The rear seats fold 60/40, and make for versatile cargo storage. With all five seats in use, there’s 38.4 cubic feet of cargo space. Or, fold down the back seat and there’s a total of 73.4 cubic feet of cargo capacity.
Toyota Connectivity & Convenience
Stay entertained during your commutes with the 6.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system. The system comes with Bluetooth® connectivity, so you can access music from your phone and make hands-free phone calls. Plus, you’ll get a USB port to keep your phone charged up. A rearview camera makes reversing and parking simple and safe.
Schedule a Test Drive
If the RAV4 SUV sounds like it could bring convenience and practicality to your drives around Mars, Pittsburgh, Wexford, then it’s time for you to test it out for yourself. Contact Baierl Automotive today to schedule a test drive, and you’ll be able to climb into the driver’s seat and take this SUV for a spin.
1 2018 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.